Eternal Masters full box sealed is the best limited format in Magic: The Gathering and it is one only a few will get to play since Eternal Masters boxes are so hard and so expensive to get. A few friends and I got together last weekend and we all got at least one box of Eternal Masters. Instead of booster drafts or regular 6 pack sealed drafts we decided to go all in and have a full box sealed mini tournament. It was the most fun I had playing Magic in a long while!
First off my deck.
1 Mother of Runes
4 Mogg War Mashall
3 Keldon Marauders
2 Young Pyromancer
1 Whitemane Lion
2 Dualcaster Mage
1 Ghitu Fireslinger
1 Beetleback Chief
1 Giant Solifuge
1 Swords of Plowshares
2 Chain Lightning
2 Rally the Peasants
1 Mishra’s Factory
4 Wind-Scarred Crag
Eternal Masters full box sealed decks are like 40 card Legacy decks. My deck is an insane aggro deck but it didn’t do too well because it was a bit too fair. Here were a few things that actually happened.
- My brother killed my whole board with Burning Vengeance and Flame Jab (plus a bunch of other flashback spells).
- One of my friends got the soft locked with Isochron Scepter and Counterspell.
- One deck had Entomb, Sensei Divining Top and the Worldgorger Dragon and Animate Dead combo.
- One deck had 5 cascade cards in the deck for insane value.
- I actually had to cut Swords of Plowshares for a game 2 which is unheard in any other draft format.
- Finally, even my deck almost had a one shot kill with a bunch of tokens and Rally the Peasants.
Standard is to Legacy as Shadows Over Innistrad Sealed is to Eternal Master full box sealed. After playing this, regular drafts just feel boring. I am kind of tired of trying to get there with vanilla 2/1s for two. Unfortunately this may be a once in a lifetime deal since Eternal Masters boxes are approaching $300 a box but I am happy I got to try it at least once!
(If you are wondering I did OK in my box. I pulled a Maze of Ith, Sylvan Library, Duplicant, foil and non foil Shardless Agent, Maelstrom Wanderer, Vampiric Tutor, Sinkhole and couple of other good foils, commons and uncommons.)